I mostly relaxed this week, and started reading the texts for the next units of Ethnographic Film and Digital Anthropology.
Next week school will start again, and I’m also super excited to do some proper work as well. That feeling of January, start of the year and all. Yes, the days are dark and Berlin is miserable. But I see it as just another reason to increase my screentime.
Ethnographic Film Unit 8
Observational Film and Beyond
- Young, Colin (1974): Observational Cinema. In Hockings, Paul, ed. (2003): Principles of Visual Anthropology, pp. 99-113.
- MacDougall, David (1974, 1994): Beyond Observational Cinema. In Hockings, Paul, ed. (2003): Principles of Visual Anthropology, pp. 115-132.
Digital Anthropology Unit 8
Artistic Practice in the Virtual Age // Post-internet Art
- Ascott, R. and Edward A. Shanken (1995, 2003): Back to Nature II: Art and Technology in the Twenty-First Century. In Telematic embrace: visionary theories of art, technology, and consciousness, pp. 327-339.
- Jon Rafman: 9-eyes.com
- Spencer, Stuart (2013): The Readymade Moment: The Theory and Practice Behind Jon Rafman’s Nine Eyes of Google Street View Project
- Steyerl, Hito (2013): How Not to be Seen: A Fucking Didactic Educational .MOV File
- Henrot, Camille (2016): Office of Unreplied Emails
- Roberto Saviano: La paranza dei bambini (2016, 367 pages, in Swedish translation: “Blodsleken”)
- The Economist: Mini-mafiosi run amok in Naples in Roberto Saviano’s novel
- The Economist: Disney goes back to the future
- Gay Star News: Germany’s law recognizing a third gender comes into effect
- Metro UK: Porn sites ‘will all require proof of age from April 2019’ – here’s how it’ll work
Film & video
- Marques Brownlee: My YouTube REWIND 2018!
- Marques Brownlee: HP Pavilion dv7t Media Center Remote Overview (2009)
- The Verge: The tech MKBHD is bringing to CES 2019
- Pewdiepie: YouTube Rewind 2018 but it’s actually good
- Pewdiepie: I read 721 books in 2018
- Netflix: Dogs of Berlin, S01 E05-08
- Alexandre Enkerli: Rapport: The Informal Ethnographer Podcast 4: Preparing for the field (2009, 96 min)
- Alexandre Enkerli: Rapport: The Informal Ethnographer Podcast 5: Ethnography and The Ivory Tower (2009, 53 min)
- Anthropod 46: Roundtable Discussion: Reading List for a Progressive Environmental Anthropology (2018, 42 min)
- Bögministeriet: Det med analsexförtvivlan och faggot-tweets (2018, 90 min)
- Nemo Möter En Vän: 212. Alexander Bard (2018, 99 min)