Worked very intensely with my machinima for Digital Anthropology x: On Thursday I had a Zoom meeting with my classmate R, and on Saturday I recorded the last two voices. Today I experimented with macro photography, recorded narration and started a new cut based on a new approach.
We had Theory & History Unit 8-9 on Friday.
Theory and History of Social and Cultural Anthropology
Unit 9: Feminist Anthropology (Ortner)
- Ortner, Sherry B (1972): Is female to male as nature is to culture? In Feminist studies 1, no. 2 (1972), pp. 5-31.
Unit 10: Orientalism, Occidentalism and Postcolonialism (Said and Nader)
- Said, Edward (1978): Introduction. In Orientalism, pp. 1-30.
Extra – readings related to my research
Digital Anthropology essay and machinima
- Boellstorff, Tom, Bonnie Nardi, Cecilia Pearce, and T.L. Taylor (2012): Ethnography and Virtual Worlds. Handbook of methods:
- 9: Human Subjects Clearance and Institutional Review Boards (pp. 151-157)
- The Economist: Germany’s moral qualms about arms sales infuriate its allies
- The Economist: The German capital wants drivers to stop killing cyclists
- The Guardian: A digital gangster destroying democracy: the damning verdict on Facebook
- E-International Relations: The Venezuelan Crisis: Maduro’s Regime Legitimacy and Potential Outcomes
Film and TV
- Democracy Now/Shoshana Zuboff interview: Age of Surveillance Capitalism: “We Thought We Were Searching Google, But Google Was Searching Us”
- The Intelligence: Brexit’s political chaos, repurposing cheap drugs and Congo’s paid mourners
- The Intelligence: Trump-Kim summit, a chat with Rahm Emanuel and feeding Hungary families