Full day classes Tuesday through Thursday. I liked the game “The Quiet Year”, which I read the introduction to and which we attempted to play during class.
I generally spent the mornings learning new kanji and the evenings editing my film.
I rewatched the first episode of The Wire with S, who hadn’t seen it but was recommended it. We’ll see if I continue, I’m not crazy about TV series in general. We saw another Miyazaki: Porco Rosso. I gave it a 4 out of 10 on Myanimelist = “bad”. It felt like the script was a halfmeasure, with the theme of the pig spell not developed enough, not being cared for enough by the creators, so why should we care as viewers?
It’s getting warmer again, I took a couple of bike rides and they do me good.
Adam Alsing died.
- Try N2: Chapter 7.1 (pp. 103–10).
- Remembering the kanji (James Heisig): Kanji 446–687.
- The Left Review/R. Taggart Murphy: East and West: Geocultures and the Coronavirus
- BBC Travel: Amabie: The Japanese monster going viral
- 1988: Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru. E22.
- 1990: Yuusha Exkaiser. E2.
- Miyazaki Hayao: Porco Rosso (1992, 94 min)
- The Wire, S1 E1.