Up and down week. I edited a bit but was mainly focused on the kanji. I’m on 1,430 out of 2,000 now and have a retention rate of 98 percent. So it really feels like the Heisig method, combined with a flashcard SRS, is working. Unfortunately the deck I’m using is lacking kanji every now and then, probably because it’s based on an earlier version of Remember the Kanji. So I’m only at kanji 1,332 instead of 1,430 in the deck, out of how many I don’t know (because it also includes a thousand or so kanji from the last volume which is not part of my goal now). I reckon I will need a week to catch up the lost 200 or so kanji once I’ve reached the end of RTK.
As for immersion, I’ve substituted Haro FM for my dear old Swedish radio in the mornings. And I’m reading an entertaining manga called ヤンキーショタとオタクおねえさん.
- Remembering the Kanji: Kanji 1204–1430
- Flashcards Deluxe: 98 min/day
- Radio: Haro FM in the mornings
- Manga: 星海ユミ: ヤンキーショタとオタクおねえさん, chapter 1–6, pp. 3–94.
- Video: Inside of Kisho Kurokawa’s Nakagin Capsule Tower
- 1988: Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru. E26.
- The Guardian/Rutger Bregman: The real Lord of the Flies: what happened when six boys were shipwrecked for 15 months