S watched the film on Tuesday and gave his approval. We went on to finetune the edit on Wednesday, starting at 15 sharp (after Anki, that is) and continuing past midnight. Last edits on Friday, as planned. We finished late, but there it was – the fine cut! Only audio adjustments and colour grading now remain. I’m really happy with the results! On Saturday I sent off the film to my participants and one of them already replied quite formally that he approved of his participation.
I watched a live webinar on animation in Clip Studio Paint on Thursday. I always get these emails about webinars from CSP and finally there was a good fit! Filed under inspiration.
Today we biked 45 kilometers through the city in 36-38 degrees heat to soak ourselves in Krumme Lanke, which was packed with people, but had a very nice atmosphere. Haven’t been there before.
- Flashcards Deluxe: Ca 20 min per day
- Anki: 2–3 hours per day
- Mornings: JapaNews24 ～日本のニュースを24時間配信
- NHK Manben documentaries:
- 2018: Boku no Hero Academia S3, E9–16
- Tim Ingold: Anthropology: Why It Matters (2018)
- 1: On Taking Others Seriously (probably the best text on anthropology I’ve ever read!)
- Gay & Lesbian Review & The Guide/Bill Andriette: Castrating the Church (2002)
- France24: Japan’s modern-day hermits: The world of hikikomori (journalism – such a contrast to anthropology)